Recipes From Secrets of Healthy Cooking
Most of us are active with work and play and want to eat well, but living a busy life and achieving a healthy diet can be a daunting feat.
Take a look at these easy recipes that are not only healthy for the body & mind, but also taste great too!
One Recipe Pizza Dough
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups white-wheat flour
1 tablespoon active yeast, 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1/2 cups tepid water (water between 110-120°F
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Place all dry ingredients in bowl of your food processor. Pulse a few times to blend well.
2. With the machine running, add 1 cup of water in a slow and steady stream. The dough should form a ball and the clean the sides of the food processor. If it seems too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time. The dough is perfect when it is no longer sticky, and feels smooth.
3. Place dough in a large bowl with extra virgin olive oil. Turn dough to completely cover with oil and then cover tightly with plastic wrap and a cloth towel.
4. Let dough rise in a warm place for at least an hour. A good place to rise is in the oven with the oven off and the light on. After the dough doubles in size, punch it down and let it rise again for as long as possible, at least one hour.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, Fine sea salt, Freshly ground pepper
1 clove garlic zested, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 recipe pizza dough, 3 cups baby greens
1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes, 2 scallions sliced thinly
1/2 cup thinly sliced black olives, red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons finely chopped mozzarella
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano,
Pecorino Romano, or Asiago
1. Whisk together vinegar, a pinch of sea salt, grinding pepper, and the garlic clove. Slowly whisk in olive oil to taste.
2. Prepare individual pizza crusts.
3. Mix together greens, tomatoes, scallions, olives, & mozzarella.
Toss with vinaigrette.
4. Place salad ingredients on top of cooked pizza shell. Sprinkle with Parmigiana, Romano, or Asiago cheese and optional red pepper flakes.
Copyright © 2016
Stress Free Cooking with Barbara Seeling-Brown
All rights reserved.
Designed & Developed by Marisa Lucy Design
Cook with Barbara, ANYTIME!
Get Stress Free Cookbook here, $19.95.
Order an Autographed copy of Stress Free Cooking
from Barbara Seelig-Brown